Bootathon is a combination of Bootcamp & Hackathon. We will have specialized training program for the enthusiastic Instructors and the curious student programmers. Develop a skill set and put them into practice, test them through a challenge and prove what you have learned !The winners become a trendsetter in transforming the lab education.
The NMEICT Virtual Labs project has at this time created ~100 labs (1 Lab is a collection of 8-10 experiments) covering concepts in various engineering and science curricula. These can be accessed at vlab.co.in However, there remains a need for additional content to be created, primarily to fill gaps in syllabi, but also towards developing improved versions of content already hosted. Consequently, we encourage Lab Developers to come forward to develop such content. To facilitate the creation of such content, we are conducting this Bootathon.
The Expected Outcome
Participants ( both Faculty and Students) will be creating new experiments and their creation, shall be hosted live during the Bootathon on the Community Portal Vlabs-Dev vlabs.iitb.ac.in/vlabs-dev/ . The Teams shall be mentored by the Expert Mentors.We expect that this will enable collaborative development of content, with Developers both seeking and sharing best technology and pedagogy practices.
The Competition !
The team shall be has to arrive one day before the event day. There will be Mentors and Resource persons who shall give lectures, Tips and Tricks to perfect their Experiment even more. 1 Day will be given to improvise their experiments even better.Teams shall have to start developing 2nd experiment.Given the experience the teams have in developing the first experiment, they can move towards completing the 2nd Experiment and can move to 3rd experiment when the 2nd one is completed.It is a time-based event, teams shall be evaluated on the basis of most number of experiment.
What do you get ?
Certifications : After the registration has been completed, and the teams have undergone a Pre-Bootathon Training, the teams will then compete for the following certifications at the BOOTATHON event.
- Teams completing the development with, a Mentor & Reviewer rating of 5 out of 5 for exactly 1 experiment, all the team members get a Certificate of Participation.
- Teams completing the development with, a Mentor & Reviewer rating of 5 out of 5 for exactly 2 experiments, each member gets certified with a Virtual Labs SILVER Developer.
Platinum : Teams completing the development an entire lab consisting of at least 5 experiments or more experiments, each member gets certified as with a Virtual Labs PLATINUM Developer.
- Teams completing the development of exactly 3 experiments, each member gets certified as with a Virtual Labs GOLD Developer.
PLATINUM Certified Developers also gets an opportunity to:
1. Become Experts for the future BOOTATHON, shall be invited by Virtual Labs nationally, for the development efforts.
2. Opportunity to serve as a Reviewer on Vlabs-Dev, reviewing national level Vlabs development projects
Developed By: Ercoms Robotics Lab | © 2019